Real time live traffic for MSFS, Prepar3D and FSX
- Real time live traffic injection, approx. 30 seconds delay only
- works quite different from other AI traffic programs, while PSXT does not use the AI engine of your Simulator, but mirrors the exact positions of live aircraft
- can support up to 100 frames per second
- aircraft are always exactly where the real live aircraft are, hence they:
- depart from the real live gate and park at the real live gate
- take the actual runway in use
- follow the real airways, SIDs and STARs or are vectored (by live ATC)
- may reject a take-off, divert, go-around and are at real live distances from each other
- crab land and crab take-off in heavy cross winds
- works with any AI aircraft model/livery that is compatible with your Simulator:
- AIG, FSLTL, IVAO MTL, FS Traffic, ...
- matches model/liveries as real as it gets based on tail-number and/or airline and type
- matches GA, Gliders, Fighter aircraft and helicopters too
- matches the right livery for American regional carriers operating for different airlines
- matches the right livery for cargo airlines operating for DHL or Amazon
- knows tail-number to livery mappings for a most of the AIG aircraft
- learns where airlines park, with what type, at what time of the day, and at what day of the week
- learns your destination airport while you are flying to it
- puts static aircraft of the right airline, type and livery at the right gate at the right hour and day, no empty airports
- aircraft are visible in LittleNavMap
- aircraft are visible in the TCAS of user planes (except for the Fenix A320, but that may be fixed soon)
- no flight plans needed
- works world wide
- works with historic data too
- runs as seperate process outside the Simulator, cpu load less than 0.5 percent
- easy to install
- can be used "free of charge"
- Injecting aircraft may have a negative impact on your fps. However, 40+ fps can be easily achieved, even with a middle class PC
- Aircraft follow live ATC, they don't obey programs such as Pilot2ATC, although Pilot2ATC does detect PSXT aircraft and may issue warnings and holds
- The real time traffic data is not included but provided by a seperate payware tool called RealTraffic from Inside Systems Pty Ltd.
Choose for a real immersion, forget "canned traffic" add-ons, go for real time live traffic!
To give PSXT a try, you could buy a one month standard license for RealTraffic, enjoy a full month of real traffic and make your own judgement.
If you are an FSLTL user, installation is very simple, PSXT will pick up the FSLTL liveries automatically.
Videos: (note that these video's are with older versions of PSXT, the traffic is not so smooth as with versions 32.9.4+)
- See how close PSXT is to real live, London Heathrow, 27L, one screen real live TV, other screen MSFS.
- Rush hour at KEWR with LiveAtc (P3D), note that the user has blocked one live aircraft and taken its place in the line (#7 for takeoff).
- The famous JFK Canarsie 13L approach with LiveAtc (P3D)
- Real Live OPS, MD82 Landing NJC LaGuardia (MSFS), note that the user has blocked Delta 2469 and has taken its place for landing.
- Information Zulu with his KLAX Live airport 24/7 powered by PSXT.
- Pie in the Sky Tours review: MSFS | LIVE AIR TOOL
- German review at cruiselevel.de: "Echter Verkehr im MSFS"
Downloads for version 32.9.4, November 26, 2022
Follow the instructions in the MSFS Quick Start Guide.
Follow the instructions in the P3D Quick Start Guide.
Follow the instructions in the FSX Quick Start Guide.
Although PSXT learns airports too, all three PSXT versions contain the stand alone PSXT_Learner program to update airport files with real live parking information without having the need for a Fligh Simulator connection; just run RealTraffic and PSXT_Learner.
FAQ and Forum
If you have a question, check the FAQ first please.
Search for information or post your questions in my forum at AVSIM.
Is PSXT free?
Yes and no, my programs may be used free of charge. However, "free of charge" must not be confused with "completely free". It is copyrighted software, not free software. There are restrictions on distribution and use, see the EULA file when installing the software. A major restriction is that it is for non-commercial use only.
PSXT is free from advertisements. If you like my program, see below a link for donations.
|This is entirely voluntary, there is no obligation whatsoever. Any donations will be put towards keeping the site hosting going and are received with my gratitude and thanks.|
MSFS Airport files with real live parking positions
Here some airport files with real live parking positions ("real_only=true") created by PSXT ("learning") or the stand-alone Learner tool. Put the .xml files in the PSXT_MSFS\updated_airports folder.
MSFS stock airports (Nov 15, 2022); are all part of the PSXT_MSFS initial installation:
- EDDB Berlin Brandenburg
- EDDF Frankfurt
- EDDH Hamburg
- EDDK Cologne/Bonn
- EDDL Dusseldorf
- EDDM Munich
- EDDN Nuerenberg
- EGCC Manchester
- EGKK London Gatwick
- EGPF Glasgow
- EGSS London Stansted
- EHAM Amsterdam
- EIDW Dublin
- EKCH Copenhagen
- ENGM Oslo
- KBOS Boston
- KDEN Denver
- KORD Chicago
- KSFO San Fransisco
- LEMD Madrid
- LIMC Milan Malpensa
- LSGG Geneva
- VHHH Hong Kong
MSFS Asobo add-on airports (Nov 15, 2022); are all part of the PSXT_MSFS initial installation:
- EDDS Asobo Stuttgart
- EGLL Asobo London Heathrow
- KATL Asobo Atlanta
- KDFW Asobo Dallas FW
- KJFK Asobo Kennedy
- KLAX Asobo Los Angeles
- KLGA Asobo La Guardia
- KMCO Asobo Orlando
- KSAN Asobo San Diego
- KSEA Asobo Seattle
- LSZH Asobo Zurich
- YSSY Asobo Sidney
MSFS third-party add-on airports (will be updated regularly)
- CYVR FSimStudios Vancouver
- EDDB Aerosoft Berlin Brandenburg (with missing gates and ramps added)
- EHEH Spoorobjecten Eindhoven, with mil stands and helipad added (dec 1, 2022)
- EHRD RDPresets Rotterdam, with helipad added (dec 1, 2022)
- EKCH FlyTampa Copenhagen
- KBUR ORBX BurBank
- KVNY ORBX Van Nuys
- LEBL Latin VFR Barcelona (Nov 15, 2022)
- LEIB INIBUILDS Ibiza (Nov 15, 2022)
- LFML francevfr Marseille (Nov 15, 2022)
- LIRF MK-Studios Rome (Nov 15, 2022)
- LOWI ORBX Innsbruck
- LSZH FS DreamTeam Zurich (Nov 15, 2022)
- LTFM SceneryTR Istanbul (Nov 15, 2022)
- OTHH Mriya Doha (2.0) (Nov 17, 2022)