Real time live traffic for MSFS, Prepar3D and FSX
- Real time live traffic injection, approx. 30 seconds delay,
- works quite different from other AI traffic programs, while PSXTraffic does not use the AI engine of your Simulator, but mirrors the exact positions of live aircraft
- can support up to 100 frames per second
- aircraft are always exactly where the real live aircraft are, hence they:
- depart from the real live gate and park at the real live gate
- take the actual runway in use
- follow the real airways, SIDs and STARs or are vectored (by live ATC)
- may reject a take-off, divert, go-around and are at real live distances from each other
- crab land and crab take-off in heavy cross winds
- works with any AI aircraft model/livery that is compatible with your Simulator:
- AIG, FSLTL, IVAO MTL, FS Traffic, ...
- fully animated: gear, flaps, spoilers, lights, reverse thrust and wheels rotating aligned with sim speed
- matches model/liveries as real as it gets based on registration code (tail-number) and/or airline and type
- knows for about 40000 registration codes of nowadays flying aircraft, the airline, model, and whether or not it is a cargo plane
- knows for about 25000 registration code the best livery mapping to an AIG aircraft
- matches GA, Fighter aircraft and helicopters too
- matches the right livery for American regional carriers operating for different airlines
- matches the right livery for cargo airlines operating for DHL or Amazon
- knows and/or learns on the fly where airlines park, with what type, at what time of the day, and at what day of the week
- parks static aircraft of the right airline, type and livery at the right gate at the right hour and day, no empty airports!
- PSXTraffic comes out of the box with about 9000 (!) learned airport files and PSXTraffic_P3D has 5500 airport files
- remembers where live aircraft parked at your destination airport while you are flying to it; you will find the parked live aircraft at the correct gates when you land, no other AI program can give you this immersion!
- live aircraft are visible in LittleNavMap and in the TCAS of user planes
- no flight plans needed
- works world wide
- works with historic data too (temporarily limited to 1 week)
- runs as seperate process outside the Simulator, cpu load less than 0.5 percent
- can be used "free of charge"
- Injecting aircraft may have a negative impact on your fps. However, 40+ fps can be easily achieved, even with a middle class PC
- Aircraft follow live ATC, they don't obey programs such as Pilot2ATC, although Pilot2ATC (and PF3) do detect PSXT aircraft and may issue warnings and holds
- The real time traffic data is not included but provided by a seperate payware tool named RealTraffic from Inside Systems Pty Ltd.
Recommendation: choose real immersion, go for real time live traffic!
To give it a try, you could buy a 24 day standard license for RealTraffic, enjoy real traffic and make your own judgement.
If you are already using FSLTL, installation is very simple, PSXTraffic will pick up the FSLTL liveries automatically, it only needs the base models.
PSXTraffic for MSFS or P3D, Sep 26, 2023, version 3.5.0
PSXTraffic installer for MSFS
MSFS Quick Start Guide, are you new? read this first!
PSXTraffic_P3D installer for P3D v5/v6
PSXTraffic_P3Dv4 installer for P3D v4
P3D Quick Start Guide, are you new? read this first!
PSXT for FSX, Sep 8, 2023, version 40.2.0
PSXT_FSX installer for FSX
FAQ and Forum
If you have a question, check the PSXTraffic FAQ first please.
Search for information or post your questions in my forum at AVSIM.
Is PSXTraffic free?
Yes and no, my programs may be used free of charge. However, "free of charge" must not be confused with "completely free". It is copyrighted software, not free software. There are restrictions on distribution and use, read and acknowledge the EULA file when installing the software. A major restriction is that it is for non-commercial use only.
PSXT is free from advertisements. If you like my program, see below a link for donations.
|This is entirely voluntary, there is no obligation whatsoever. Any donations will be put towards keeping the site hosting going and are received with my gratitude and thanks.|
And now for something completely different ...
My good old PSXseecon software for building a PSX B744 home cockpit
It acts as a bridge between these two worlds, "talking" the Aerowinx Network Protocol over TCP/IP to PSX and "talking" the IOCP protocol over TCP/IP to the SIOC Server. Although both worlds offer a TCP/IP based interface, they speak different protocols, and they are both servers. PSXseecon acts as a client program to PSX and as a client program to SIOC and performs protocol translation.
2502 predefined SIOC variables representing 99% of the functionality of the PSX interface are available. These variables give access to almost all states and controls of the PSX. You can receive information about state changes in the 744 and you can set Buttons, Switches, levers, Throttles, Dials, what have you, in the 744. Everything you need to build a cockpit.
Read more in the PSXseecon Manual.
PSXseecon Release Notes, version 3.37, July 23, 2023
(first release nov 14, 2014 (!)
This document give you lots of examples how to program with SIOC: How to SIOC?
This archive contains lots of exmple SIOC scripts for PSX: SIOC scripts for PSX